Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Is Halo Purely For Pets good for my dog?

i think halo is a good dog food ... a while back they made a change to their recipes and my dog who had been eating the salmon one started getting more allergy symptoms ... when i contacted halo via email they told me the only change was more egg added so i did stop using it based on my dogs symptoms ... i am using natures balance sweet potato and fish limited ingredient grain-free food now ... it has worked well for my dog and i supplement with evangers wild caught canned salmon, the canned food, and the treats ... my dog did horrible on science diet ... and i also had all the bloodwork done at the vet, went to a doggie allergist where she was tested and then shots for what she is allergic too for almost a year with no effect (my bank account was significantly smaller for no results) ... if your dog has never had lamb before i would definitely give it a try ... i have tried my dog on innumerable brands of dog food, the barf diet, the prey model diet and nothing has worked for my dog and her allergies but the natures balance ... i think the trick with allergic dogs is keep trying till you find one that works ... and it sounds like your dog did fine on halo and lamb is a unique protein source for your dog so you should give it a try ...

No comments:

Post a Comment